Our initiatives have included:
- Resume bank.
- Professional resume feedback for select candidates.
- Joint webinar series: “Ready to Serve”
- In partnership with the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Federal Training Institute this joint webinar series has focuses on resume tips, the differences between the political and civil service application process, and opportunities for those interested in the Senior Executive Service of the US Government.
- Off-the-record sessions for candidates: These sessions provide the latest news regarding the political appointment recruitment process, updates about the Presidential Personnel Office, and insider tips on how candidates can mobilize their own networks to improve their chances to secure an appointment.
- Since November 2020, Grupo 21 Advisory Council members, have consistently and proactively advocated for an increase in the number of political appointees and career Civil Service members of Puerto Rican and Hispanic heritage.
- For that purpose, Grupo 21 met regularly with members of the Biden-Harris Transition Team, have engaged and continues to work with US Senators and Members of Congress.